JOB OPENINGS FOR THE
2022 – 2023 SCHOOL YEAR
Spanish Interpreter – Receptionist
Great opportunity to gain experience in working with a diverse student population. Apply today!
20 – 30 hours / week, before and after school hours.
Second Home is a licensed, not-for-profit, and academically focused child care program serving Harrisonburg Public School families. Our low fees and scholarships assure that families are able to afford child care during out of school hours. No students are ever turned away due to the inability to pay the fees.
- Maintain an educational, nurturing, clean, and safe environment.
- Address translate between parents and staff.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assume responsibility for and participate in staff development (professional growth) and training to keep materials, supplies, and skills up-to-date.
- Follow appropriate safety procedures.
- Demonstrate good attendance and punctuality.
- Attend required meetings.
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters.
- Model non-discriminatory practices in all activities. Respect the worth, dignity and individual differences of others.
- Comply with licensing regulations and requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director.
- Able to lift and hold 50 lbs.
- Able to sit on the floor and be able to squat to a child’s height and maintain eye contact at a child’s level.
- Able to push items of up to 50 pounds such as moving/rearranging furniture or pushing a child on a swing.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel or crouch.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of a Schools-age child care Teacher, not an exhaustive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, or duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of a particular Teacher may differ from those outlined above, and other duties, as assigned, may be part of a Teacher’s job. Second Home Learning Center is an equal opportunity workplace and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or other basis prohibited by state law relating to discrimination in employment, except where is a bona fide occupational qualification reasonably necessary to the normal operation of Second Home LC.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Fluency in spoken and written communication in English and Spanish.
- Ability to establish and follow detailed work procedures with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to work in a busy and fluid environment is a must.
- Experience in working with children is preferred.
- Emotionally mature, objective, and sensitive to the needs of others. Able to handle responsibility, work independently, and maintain collaborative working relationships with students, families and co-workers.
- National fingerprint and CPS background check and TB screening required upon successful interview.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required
To apply: e-mail cover letter, resume with relevant education and experience, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type: Part-time / Hourly Wage
To keep our staff and students safe, entrance to building is limited.